What Is A Personal Injury Lawyer?
Personal injury in Colorado is a vast topic with hundreds of titles listed below it. It is very vague, simply because it is nearly impossible to predict what kind of injury any given accident may cause as it is nearly impossible to predict how a person will react during that accident. There is no definition as to what can be treated as a personal injury and what cannot. A guilty or not guilty verdict in a personal injury lawsuit is determined merely by the circumstances surrounding the accident itself and what caused it.
Question: When I meet my personal injury lawyer for the first time, are there any particular documents I should bring with me?
Answer: You should supply your attorney with as much information as possible. If your attorney has more information, he will be better able to properly advise you of your legal rights. You need to bring in all documents pertaining to your case. The accident report is a very important document that you should bring your attorney. Article by attorney David Slepkow (401) 437-1100.
Also, if you have any eyewitness statements or medical records or reports from your doctors, you should bring those to your lawyer. If you have any photographs of the accident or of your injury, please bring those to the attorney meeting. If you don't have the documentation, your attorney may collect the documents for you.
Question: What type of information will the attorney request at the initial consultation concerning my personal injury or automobile accident case?
Answer: Your attorney will request general information related to your medical treatment. The attorney will attempt to compile a list of the name and address of all treating physicians and medical providers. This includes physical therapists, chiropractors, visiting nurses and other medical providers. The attorney may also ask you for a list of prior medical providers.
Question: What usually happens at the first consultation:
Answer: The personal injury lawyer that you have selected will tell you whether you have a valid legal claim. If you decide to hire that lawyer, then the lawyer will request that you sign a retainer agreement. The retainer agreement is an important legal document which a lawyer is required to obtain. At the initial consultation, it is extremely difficult for your lawyer to tell you the value of your case. The value of your case is dependent on many circumstances which include the amount of your medical bills, and the nature and extent of any pain and suffering. The value may be depend on whether or not your injury is permanent, whether or not there were periods of partial or complete disability, whether or not there was any disfigurement, scarring or other physical injury and the amount of your lost wages, etc.
Question: Is it a good idea to wait a period of time before I hire an attorney?
Answer: You should contact a personal injury attorney immediately after the accident. It is not a good idea for a person to be dealing with the insurance adjuster concerning their personal injury or car accident claim.
Question: Am I required to give a recorded statement to the insurance company upon their request?
Answer: There is no legal requirement for you to give a recorded statement to an insurance adjuster. However, if the insurance company is your own insurance company, you may be contractually obligated to give a recorded statement. You should not give any statement unless you have legal representation present and you should acquire a copy of the transcript.
Question: What types of cases are typically handled on a contingent fee basis?
Answer: Car/auto accidents, slip & fall, trip & fall, premises liability, bicycle accidents, motorcycle accidents, boating accidents, truck accidents, pedestrian accidents, wrongful death, uninsured or underinsured, motorist claims, intentional infliction of emotional distress, dog bite claims, etc
What Is Personal Injury Law?
Personal Injury Attorney
The aftermath of a car accident can leave injury victims disoriented and uncertain about what to do next. If you have been injured in an accident, you may have considered filing a lawsuit to get just compensation for your medical bills, lost wages and other damages you suffered as a result. Before you file a claim for damages, however, you may want to ask yourself, "What is personal injury law?" The answer is that it is an area of the law that provides compensation for physical, emotional and financial losses suffered by victims of accidents caused by someone else's negligence. This type of law is complex and varies from state to state, however, so it is advisable to hire an experienced attorney if you are thinking about filing a lawsuit against the person or company responsible for causing your injuries.
Admiralty & Maritime Injuries
Jones Act Injuries
Motor Vehicle Accidents
Social Security Disability
Bad Faith Insurance Practices
Nursing Home Injuries
The laws surrounding personal injury cases can be quite complicated. That is why it is always a good idea to consult with an attorney before deciding whether or not to file a claim. An attorney can identify the responsible parties in your case and begin to build a solid claim of negligence to present to the jury.
Common Personal Injuries
The most common injury behind most personal injury lawsuits are slip-and-fall injuries. These occur usually at the negligence of another person from failing to keep an area clean and free of debris or slippery substances. The most common causes of slip-and-fall cases are snow and ice, and failure to properly clean wet floors – both completely preventable. Injuries caused by slip-and-fall accidents are often listed individually when determining compensation in a personal injury lawsuit.
No matter what kind of injury, if it was caused by the negligence or fault of another person or business, it may be worth speaking to a qualified and experienced personal injury lawyer about. While it may seem far fetched, personal injury lawyers are trained to use the evidence at hand in combination with the laws in the area to find a reasonable outcome for their clients.
- Car Accident Insurance Lawyer CO
- Job Injury Attorneys El Paso County
- Slip And Fall Lawyers Air Force Academy
- Accident Lawyer Black Forest
- Personal Injury Attorney Broadmoor
- Personal Injury Law Office Calhan
- Accident Attorney Cascade
- Accident Attorney Central Colorado Springs
- Personal Injury Attorney Free Consultation Chipita Park
- Personal Injury Law Office Colorado Springs
- Job Injury Attorneys Downtown Colorado Springs
- Personal Injury Lawyer East Colorado Springs
- Car Accident Injuries Eastonville
- Personal Injury Lawyer Ellicott
- Personal Injury Attorney Free Consultation Elsmere
- Car Accident Attorney Near Me Falcon
- Best Car Accident Lawyer Fort Carson
- Car Accident Attorney Near Me Fountain
- Car Accident Insurance Lawyer Fountain Valley
- At Fault Car Accident Lawyer Gleneagle
- Car Accident Attorney Near Me Manitou Springs
- Slip And Fall Lawyers Monument
- Car Accident Injuries Monument Valley
- Lawyer For Car Accident Without Injury N Downtown Colorado Springs
- Injury Lawyer NNE Downtown Colorado Springs
- Auto Insurance Lawyer North Colorado Springs
- Personal Injury Attorney Old Colorado City
- Personal Accident Attorney Old Farm
- Personal Injury Lawyer Old North End
- Personal Injury Attorney Free Consultation Palmer Lake
- Injury Lawyer Papeton
- Injury Lawyer Peyton
- Best Car Accident Lawyer Pikeview
- Personal Injury Lawyer Ramah
- Car Accident Insurance Lawyer Roswell
- Personal Injury Lawyer Rush
- Car Accident Attorney Near Me Security
- Injury Lawyer Skinners
- Personal Injury Attorney South Colorado Springs
- Car Accident Attorney Near Me South Downtown Colorado Springs
- Auto Accident Lawyer West Colorado Springs
- Auto Insurance Lawyer Woodmen Valley
- Accident Attorney Yoder